Island Breeze Luau
Celebrating more than 25 years at the King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach hotel, Island Breeze is Kona’s favorite luau. Awarded “Best of West Hawaii” since 2000, the internationally recognized cast has traveled the world sharing the aloha of the islands including performances at the Olympic Games and festivals on every continent.
The Island Breeze Luau is a cultural experience that shouldn't be missed. Enjoy a breathtaking combination of oceanfront dining and the beachfront of historic Kamakahonu Bay and Ahu Ena, Kamehameha the Great's former estate in Kailua-Kona. Guests of the Island Breeze Luau enjoy a backdrop of passing fishing boats, outrigger canoes, and the lights of Kona and Mount Hualalai. This is one of Hawaii’s best activities and an amazing luau.
Considered a “Royal Hawaiian Experience”, the luau features a delicious dinner brimming with delicious fish, meat and fresh Big Island produce. Local favorites include lomi lomi salmon, lau lau, poke and delicious Kalua Pork. The luau meal is complimented by an open bar.
Once seated, guests are invited to participate in hula lessons and story telling.
Highlighting the evening is the spectacular Polynesian Revue. Guests will be captivated watching the dancers from throughout Polynesia celebrate their love for the islands. The favorites include the graceful Hawaiian hula, exciting Tahitian otea and the dangerous and fascinating Samoan fireknife dance.
Held under the stars on the historic grounds of the Marriott Courtyard King Kamehamehama’s Kona Beach Hotel. The hotel is located adjacent to the pier on Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. It is within walking distance of many visitor accommodations. The luau is easily accessible from the Kohala Coast Resort to the north and the Keauhou Beach Resort to the south.
Luau is every Sunday
- Takes place on the shores of scenic Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great’s former estate
- Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000
- Opportunity to learn hula & story telling
- Lavish all-you-can-eat Hawaiian dinner with a wide variety of delicacies, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Please note: Special request for a vegetarian,
gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice. Option is subject
to change without notice.
Luau Dinner Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Tossed green salad with dressing
- Local Macaroni Salad
- Three Bean Salad
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad
- Lomi Salmon
- Local Style Poke
- Fried Tofu Poke
- Steamed White Rice
- Steamed Sweet Potato
- Teriyaki Beef
- Fresh Island Style Seared Fish
- Kalua Pork
- Bread Pudding
- Housemade Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
Island Breeze Luau
- Where and When:
- Please check-in at the monarchy room at the lobby of the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel at 5:30 pm.
Festivities end at approximately 8:00 pm.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau (parking validations are subject to change without notice).
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 3 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday
- Approximately 3 hours