Haleo Luau is closed as of May 1, 2021. However, to
accommodate our guests who would love to experience a Hawaiian luau,
additional nights have been added to our sister luau, the Island Breeze Luau, which takes place on the historic grounds of the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel in Kailua-Kona.
Hawaii’s newest Luau!
Held under the Hala trees on the shores of Keauhou Bay, Haleo – the Voice of Life is Hawaii’s newest lu’au.
From the birth of Hawaii’s royalty to the surfing stories of He’eia Bay, the dancers and musicians of Island Breeze take you on a colorful and entertaining journey through a very special time in our history. Join us as we learn about Kamehameha III and how he bridged the gap of ancient traditions, bringing the people of his kingdom into a new era in the islands.
Dancers share the stories of our Polynesian cousins and the gifts they brought to Hawaii through their language, culture, music and dance. And, just as the suns is setting over Keauhou Bay - Haleo begins.
A lavish Hawaiian dinner… a beautiful sunset… and the sights and sounds of Polynesia all combine to create an evening you will always remember.
The Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa
at Keauhou Bay is a four diamond resort resting on 22 spectacular acres in Keauhou. Dine in one of Hawaii’s most beautiful oceanfront locations, a gathering place for manta rays surrounded by outrigger canoes, breaching whales, world renown sunsets and living history.
The land area is significant in Hawaiian history and specifically to Kamehameha and his heirs. The birthplace of Kamehameha III, the playground for Hawaii’s ali’i (royalty), it is a place of new beginnings. Keauhou translated into English, literally means “new era”. The hotel is located 30-40 minutes south of Kona’s Keahole-Kona International Airport and just a 10 minute drive south of Kailua-Kona.
- Scenic Keauhou Bay location
- Participate in cultural activities that take place before dinner
- Luau dinner features delicious island cuisine
- Open bar serves standard cocktails and other drinks
- Dynamic Hawaiian show with music and dances from Hawaii
Chips & Dip:
On the table served family style
- Potato & Taro Chips
- Shoyu Poke - cut into smaller pieces
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
Shared Family Style
- Bread & Butter Service
- Hoio Salad
- Soy Stained Glass Noodle Salad
- Purple Sweet Potato
- Teriyaki Steak
- Kalua Pork & Baby Bok Choy
- Coconut Scented Jasmine Rice
- Pan Roasted Local Catch with Mango Butter sauce
- Mixed Greens with Cucumber, Tomato, Carrots, & Papaya Seed Dressing
Kieki (kids) Menu
Samoan Fire-Knife Dance
- Where and When:
- Haleo Luau is held at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa
at Keauhou Bay
Check in at 5:30 pm. Luau ends at 8:00 pm.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 3 and under) is not provided a plate.
- Operation Days:
- Open Thursdays. Closed on New Year's Day.
- 2.5 hours